January 19, 2012

Videos Worth Watching for Songs Worth Listening

Believe it or not, bands still make videos.  You're certainly not going to find them on MTV, but they're making them nonetheless.  Luckily, essentially all these videos can be found online.....well, until we're blacked out from the internet, I suppose.  While we still have an internet, I just wanted to take a second to recommend a couple of cool videos I've discovered over the past few months.  One old, one new.

The old one.....



Check out the video for Jose Gonzalez's cover of The Knife's track "Heartbeats".  This song was released back in 2005 on Jose's album Veneer (buy), though I didn't find it until this year.  The video is amazing.  I don't even want to give a description....just check it out.  I'll just say this:  Bouncy Balls.

The new one.....

Here's one additional video that I just watched today.  Its for Active Child's song "Hanging On" off the album You Are All I See (buy) from last year.  It follows two dudes heading out on a fly fishing trip (which my brother-in-law has been trying to convince me to do for a couple years now).  Regardless, the visuals in the video are stellar.  Like everyone one of the guys begins his day, not with a cup of coffee, but by boiling Red Bull.  Obviously.

Anyways, let me know what you think of these.  They're two of the best I've seen in a while.  Enjoy.

RR

1 comment:

  1. Its hard to like Jose's version after knowing the Knife's. I guess this is why he made an awesome video to keep me interested! Active Child is new to me no more... I'll be downloading everything they got after watching that awesome video!

    ReplyDelete